Eggs…versatile, cheap, nutritious…tasty. Add any veggies you can, some bacon and cheese, and you are on your way to YUM!
It all starts with a good assistant in the kitchen… 🙂
This egg and veggie bake is easy–takes about 20 minutes to get ready the night before, and then bake the next morning…but it makes a whole 9×13 pan! This dish is perfect for company, get togethers, or your own meal prep for the week.
Derived from Jessie B’s Sausage/Egg Bake, I used the following ingredients:
- 1 pack uncured bacon
- coconut oil or avocado oil, for veggie saute and greasing 9×13
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 large onion diced, or 1-2 T dried onions
- 1 bag baby spinach, chopped
- 1 bag mixed chopped super foods (cabbage, kale, carrots, kolrabe, or brussel sprouts)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tomato diced
- optional: ANY veggies you prefer, dice and add
- Shredded cheddar to taste
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 c. unsweet almond milk, you can also use regular milk, or coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp each: salt, pepper, onion powder
Preheat the oven to 375, and lay the bacon strips out on a cookie sheet, and bake for 15 minutes while you work on other things.
Heat your saute pan to medium high, and then add 1-2 T of avocado oil. Add onions and garlic…saute until soft and then add the rest of your veggies and seasonings. Don’t get stir crazy…let the heat do it’s work, and stir occasionally.
Once the veggies are moderately soft and water has cooked off (or to your liking), remove from heat, and pour them into your greased 9×13 pan. Chop the cooked bacon and sprinkle over this (or mix with your veggies first).
Mix the eggs, milk, and seasonings and pour over the veggies.
Top with shredded cheddar…at least a half cup 🙂 You can never use too much, though.
Bake at 375 for 30 minutes…look for the eggs to set and the cheese to brown nicely. Remove from the oven, and allow to set up a few minutes before cutting and serving.
The BEAUTY of this recipe is that it works with what you have in your fridge…less bacon….more veggies…no cheese, etc. You can make it KETO, PALEO, GLUTEN FREE, SUGAR FREE, etc by choosing your ingredients…and it will still bake up great!